Following are the basic policies important to everyone who is admitted to Wide Horizon:
- The patient must be actively practicing Christian Science, striving to demonstrate healing and a greater sense of dominion through radical reliance on Christian Science treatment and God.
- The applicant and his or her family must understand that no diagnoses, medical examinations, physical therapies, psychological counseling, or medicines are administered at Wide Horizon. Christian Science nursing care does not use techniques or products purported to aid a healing process or bring relief from pain, soreness, or itching. Christian Science nurses are not trained in the maintenance or adjustment of medically implanted devices, aligning bones, first-aid techniques, resuscitation or techniques that relieve choking.
- Any individual wishing to be admitted to Wide Horizon for Christian Science nursing care must be working with and receiving daily treatment from a Christian Science practitioner who is currently listed in The Christian Science Journal.
- Wide Horizon is not equipped to accommodate those who are combative, disruptive or who wander continually.
- Minor patients, under the age of 18 years, must be accompanied by an adult who remains at the facility with him or her. Both parents must agree that Christian Science nursing care is to be given.