WIDE HORIZON RATES
Effective July 1, 2019
In-patient Care – All rates include a single occupancy private room with bathroom, meals, housekeeping, laundry, and Christian Science nursing services, and all usual nursing supplies. Christian Science nursing care services are under the oversight of a Journal-listed Christian Science Nurse.
CHRISTIAN SCIENCE NURSING CARE 1 (CSNC 1) [more info]
- $165 / day– (1 hour per day)
CHRISTIAN SCIENCE NURSING CARE 2 (CSNC 2) [more info]
- $225 / day– (2 hours per day)
CHRISTIAN SCIENCE NURSING CARE 3 (CSNC 3) [more info]
- $285 / day– (3 hours per day)
CHRISTIAN SCIENCE NURSING CARE 4 (CSNC 4) [more info]
- $350 / day– (4 hours per day)
CHRISTIAN SCIENCE NURSING CARE 5 (CSNC 5) [more info]
- $410 / day– (5 hours per day)
CHRISTIAN SCIENCE NURSING CARE 6 (CSNC 6) [more info]
- $470/day (All hours required) Predominately by Journal-Listed Christian Science Nurses.
REST AND STUDY (Horizon House) [more info]
- $100 / day – Single; $130.00 / day – Double occupancy– Private guest room in Horizon House for the purpose of spiritual renewal, includes three meals & housekeeping service. Ask about special seasonal rates.
SPECIAL RATE (Horizon House)
- $80 / day– Single; $110.00 / day – Double occupancy – Family members of a patient, Christian Science nurses, CS practitioners and CS teachers, those attending association, as well as administrators and board members of Christian Science nursing organizations (includes meals).
- $60 / hour – Each half-hour at $30 or fraction thereof (does notinclude nursing supplies).
MEALS (visitors) Breakfast – $7.00 / Lunch – $10.00 / Dinner – $8.00
SUPERVISED RESIDENTIAL LIVING (Horizon House)
- Private beautifully decorated room in Horizon House for individuals who need no Christian Science nursing care. Current monthly rate of $2,400 includes housekeeping, laundry and three daily meals. Contact the Executive Director for details.
Additional Charges – Special supplies, grooming and personal items, beautician fees, and other miscellaneous items are charged directly to the guest on his/her monthly billing statement.
Financial Assistance/Benevolence – It is the policy of The Board of Directors that no person be deprived of the blessing of Wide Horizon’s Christian Science nursing care for financial reasons. Wide Horizon has a Benevolence Policy and Financial Assistance Application. All requests for financial assistance should be made directly to the Executive Director. In addition, the patient/family can apply directly for financial aid to the National Fund for Christian Science Nursing (NFCSN) at 1-800-873-2843 or via nfcsn.org. Wide Horizon will provide information from the NFCSN and may assist with the application process if requested.
Description of Care Levels
CSNC 1 — the patient may need some assistance at times, but can take care of most needs with possible exception of taking a shower and daily bed making.
CSNC 2 & 3 — the patient is usually ambulatory, though may need assistance with personal care and dressing, may need supervision, generally able to carry out own activities during day or attend group activities.
CSNC 4 & 5 — the patient may be non-ambulatory, may require lifting assistance from one or two Christian Science nurses or by mechanical lifter, may require feeding.
CSNC 6 —the patient’s Christian Science nursing care needs require the skills of a Journal-listed Christian Science Nurse (JLCSN) in some way: direct care of the patient, judgment regarding care, establishing the plan of care, supervision of other CS nurses providing care, teaching patient or family to provide correct care for patient. Situations which usually call for involvement by a JLCSN include: care of a patient who has injured a limb, is confined to bed, is not retaining food, has a wound that needs to be cared for, or is having significant physical difficulty, etc.
NOTE: If a patient requires substantially more time than what is included in level of care, Wide Horizon reserves the right to charge $60 per hour for additional Christian Science nursing care than noted in respective level or move the patient to another level as appropriate. Wide Horizon will do its best to notify patient/family prior to charging for additional CS nursing hours when this situation occurs.
Regardless of the level of care, there is always an expectation of spiritual progress and healing.
“The prayer that reforms the sinner and heals the sick is an absolute faith that all things are possible to God, — a spiritual understanding of Him, an unselfed love.” (Mary Baker Eddy, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, p. 1)